Monday, May 23, 2016

DIY Homemade Garlic Powder

Garlic powder is one of the condiments that are always present in our kitchen, it adds flavor to our favorite dish. In making fried chicken garlic powder is a must have seasoning for me. I really love that garlic flavor in my crispy fried chicken. So, since I'm a big fan of garlic powder I decided to make my own garlic powder. It's very simple and easy to make and you can save a lot of money. Not only that you can save money but you can also make sure that the garlic powder you use is 100% pure garlic with no added msg, preservatives and any other stuff that can be harmful to your body.

I made my garlic powder without any sophisticated kitchen tools. Yes, you read it right, no dehydrator, no oven. Well, you can use oven or dehydrator if you want but I made it by placing it under the heat of the sun. Since it summer and it's super hot, the hottest summer ever, I try to take advantage of the summer heat. 

I simply sliced my garlic as thin as possible and place it under the sun for 2-3 days or until it's all dried. Then when it all dried I grind it using a mortar and pester or a food processor and your homemade garlic is ready to use.


 

Hints for Life Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design